YOUR OWN WORK
Concept 1 of Creation
Time to create your own work?!
In this concept you really are the master of your own creation.
If you’ve done the above studies Creation Laboratory – Creator – Human Tragedies, you have enough tools to move forward in creating your own work, anecdote, number, human tragedy or the beginning of the development of your own show.
In this study we’ll work profoundly on the dramaturgy of your work, originality and cleverness of your ideas and your Clown quality, plus rhythm and cleaning.
Concept 1 of Creation
This study is really focused on enhancing your Clown-thinking through creative continuity … non stop.
We will work through a simple but effective structure during the three weeks of the course; we do not create complete clown routines, but clown anecdotes or examples.
– What is the aim of your clown?
– Does a problem appear through which you cannot realize your objective?
– Find a clown solution to achieve your goal, a totally absurd solution, coming from a clown with a brain of the size of small pea. We count on you to use your talent and originality in finding the solution, for example :
The objective: A clown wants to sing flamenco, wants to be the new “Camarón de la Isla” … he begins to sing a familiar song you’ve heard before … aayyyy deep moans! … aaayyyy !
The problem: He cannot reach the aaaayyyy! with his voice … he doesn’t look anything like a flamenco singer. He is a failure. “Try again,” he thinks, “more insistently” … The result is the same … it doesn’t work. He gradually panics and goes into deep despair. The audience is amused and laughs at him for his failure.
– Don’t give up … he suddenly gets an idea. An idea coming from the clown thinking from within. How can I get the aaaaayyyyy?
The solution: He starts to hurt himself every time more and more until the pain is so strong that his voice sings an enormous aaayyy! A perfect and very flamenco aaaayyyy … although the clown is in a lot of pain he finally achieves his goal and sings flamenco.
Concept 2 of Creation
With this conceptwe obtain more creative tools.
You are the master of your own work !!
Every time you will present a creation inspired by a theme that the school gives you, you will deepen and express further your creation process with the help of given school material.
The themes are very different, surprising and really provoke all of your creative being.
In Clown Creator you make the transition from a Clown anecdote to a Clown number.
And here the dramaturgy comes in to play!
Concept 3 of Creation
This is a new and very important direction for BONT´s
In this concept you really dig deeper in your creative work
This is a new study in BONT’s International Clown School of Menorca program! One of the focuses in BONT’s pedagogy has always been how to translate small or great human tragedies into the language of clown. It is a huge challenge in creating. How to transform your personal “tragedies” in anecdotes, routines or clown shows.
It is an amazing challenge to train your Clown-thinking and bring your personal Clown to another, deeper level. The poetic quality of your Clown grows and can really touch your audience to the bottom of their hearts. Make the audience laugh, cry, or possibly even both at the same time.
The clown tells us his tragedy and then puts a mirror in front of us; uncovering the reality that we are really laughing and crying about our own tragedies. The tragedies in life that we recognize so clearly.
With every human tragedy we can create a Clown performance and it is a tremendous adventure for both student and teacher.
BONT’s is investigating this issue deeply and developing a total new way in the art of clown.
What kind of large and small tragedies can we touch on?! … ALL!!!!!
– I am invisible in this life, no one sees me…
– I want to be in love or have a partner but it doesn’t happen…
– I killed everything I love…
– I want to give my heart but I’m afraid that I will get hurt…
– I have a wish to get pregnant but I can’t find the father of my child…
– I am separated and my child wants to live with his/her father…
– I don’t know how to say “I love you mom”…
– Always making my decisions from fear of what others will say about me…
– I have an addiction and I can’t escape it…
Etc. … etc. …., we can find human tragedies in themes about death, love, God, sex, loneliness, not being acknowledged, all kinds of relationships, broken dreams, unfulfilled desires, failures.
There are endless possibilities! Everything that is related to the life of human beings.
A study for people:
– who deeply love the real Clown
– who are not afraid to work with strong, sensitive and confrontational themes
– who want to create
– who want to place his or her soul in the most transparent and vulnerable state possible: where emotions flow, without limitation.
A course for explorers in the world of Clown.